Freelance Journalist | Home-based | Expenses provided | digitallagos.tv
We're looking for a freelance journalist to produce articles and videos as we expand and take our news website to the next level. Successful candidates will write weekly articles - mainly news with the occasional longer feature, or they will produce and edit a video every week or maybe even a mix of the two. The successful candidates will not only knows the language and culture of the creative media, but has recent first-hand experience of that creative community market and have strong editorial skills.
DigitalLagos tv is a niche agency and platform for the digital professionals. We help businesses communicate online through specially produced web videos.
The successful candidate will
Write accurate and engaging articles
Have an interest in and knowledge of SEO and social media
And / Or
Be able to produce and edit audio material
Multimedia journalism experience
Have a good broadcasting voice
All contributors will
Have the ability to develop strong contacts
Be a self-starter
Have an interest in business news. Knowledge of the creative business community is a bonus!
Sourcing and writing news
Developing stories and moving them on
Develop and maintain contacts
Interviewing and editing for video
Duration and hours
Three to six months
6-8 hours a week
Needs to have own laptop
Reports to assistant editor
Expenses will be provided
Home based with ad-hoc Skype meetings.
May lead to paid opportunities.
Send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role along with your CV to
email@example.com Deadline: Midnight, Friday 25th March, 2016
Digital Content Editor - Nigeria, Lagos
DigitalLagos.TV is hiring exceptional Digital Content Editors to join its editorial team working remotely, Ideally someone local to Lagos, Nigeria. The successful applicant will work with Digital Lagos’s Head of Digital on creating new content for Digital Lagos’s web platform.This is a part-time position for 10 - 15 hours a week. Potential to expand if everything is going well.
Responsibilities The successful applicant will be required to do the following:
- Create fresh news-pieces for the Digital Lagos website
- Editing copy to be suitable for the Digital Lagos website
- Manage and edit posts for digitallagos.tv on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Uploading content onto Digital Lagos web platform
- Using Digital Lagos social networking platforms to post relevant content
- Optimize content for social media pick up
- Using Google analytics’ to set realistic targets for web performance
- Suggesting ideas to improve Digital Lagos web performance day-to-day.
Interested applicant should submit an expression of interest containing a proposal that:
- Outlines how they will meet the objectives of our brief and the package of services that they are able to offer.
- Contains details of track record, skills and experience
If interested, please send us a word Copy of your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Business Development executive - Nigeria, Lagos
DigitalLagos.TV is hiring exceptional Marketing & Business Development executive with experience in online media to help us grow in Nigeria & rest of Africa
The job holder’s key responsibility is to foster the marketing and business development within the company. The marketing and business development executive will be involved in identifying and prospecting new clients. Developing appropriate value propositions to stakeholders business needs. S/he will have cross-cutting functions in business research and report and report writing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning & development of strategies for providing effective business development capabilities in line with the vision and mission of Digital Lagos
- Source and develop new clients’ accordance with companies’ strategy and goals.
- Carry out SWOT analysis, research in relation to markets with a view to accessingbusiness growth potentials, and developing value propositions.
- Develop sales proposals, pitch document for new clients. Managing the proposal conversion process to its conclusion.
- Plan and execute business development and sales to attract potential clients.
- Build a unique tone of voice to talk about positive changes that is going on
- Market entry strategy/strategic communication planLiaise with department heads to follow-up sales leads and develop appropriate business relationship with prospective clients.
- Engage in business negotiation with potential clients and ensuring positive outcome for the company
- Build networks with key industry players and relevant government functionaries to create a positive identification with company Brand
- Evaluate, track and monitor customer relationship and establish a clear understanding of their needs in other to retail growth of Digital Lagos.
- Evaluate, track and monitor impact of marketing and sales efforts and ensure effectives and economy in the process
- Build a network of contacts with key stake holders in earmarked markets, creating positive identification with Digital Lagos.TV Brand and bring forth opportunity for business development and sales
- Generate business development reports and analysis, providing insights into rate of business success in business development terms and as input into business effort within the department
Key functional competences
Business analysis, awareness, business development, marketing and sales, planning and organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved at ground level and influence the way the organization evolve. If interested, please send us a Word Copy of your reseme to digitallagos at email@example.com